Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant

Yekrangi & Associates banner

About the Form I-192

What is An I-192 Waiver?

An I-192 waiver may be used by an “inadmissible” nonimmigrant alien. They may apply for advance permission to temporarily enter the United States using Form I-192. “Inadmissible” means an applicant is physically present in the United States, but he or she has not been legally admitted in any status. Depending on the reason for an individual’s inadmissibility into the United States, Form I-192 allows him or her to seek “forgiveness” from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and enter the United States on a temporary, or nonimmigrant, basis. Immigration officials apply a very high level of scrutiny to I-192 waivers, which is why we recommend speaking about your case with an experienced immigration expert.

Who Qualifies For An Form I-192 Waiver?

Three classes of inadmissible foreign nationals are eligible to apply for an I-192 waiver:

  • (1) Inadmissible nonimmigrants already in possession of appropriate documents
  • (2) Applicants for T nonimmigrant status (Form I-914)
  • (3) Petitioners for U nonimmigrant status (Form I-918)

Application Process for I-192

If you are an inadmissible nonimmigrant or a class of nonimmigrant who is not required, you should file your application with U.S. Customs and Border Protection prior to the date of intended travel to the United States. If you are an applicant for T or U nonimmigrant status and are inadmissible, you should file your application with USCIS. Evidence and supplementary filings for the I-192 are highly fact-dependent, thus, it is important that your case is carefully evaluated. Nevertheless, instructions for filing a Form I-192 can be found here.

Our legal team at Yekrangi & Associates understands how important it may be to enter the United States on a temporary basis, oftentimes to visit family and friends.

Why Having an Immigration Attorney is Crucial

The immigration process is complicated, and individuals who attempt to take on immigration law alone have the potential to harm their case. An experienced immigration attorney can guide you through the waiver application process and help you gather the necessary evidence and documentation related to your case. Having an attorney on your side can increase the chances of getting your waiver application approved.

If you or a loved one needs assistance with immigration waivers, our team of experienced immigration lawyers can help. Contact Yekrangi & Associates at (949) 478-4963 or online for more information.
Our services are available in Spanish, Farsi, and Mandarin.

Related Posts
  • EB-4 Broadcaster Visa — A Path to Permanent Residency in the U.S. Read More
  • H1B — No Cap For Specific Doctors Read More
  • H1B Visa Transfers for Educators Read More

Schedule a Consultation Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.