Deportation Defense Lawyer
Dedicated Legal Advocacy in Irvine, California
Deportation threats can be scary and overwhelming. Often times, individuals
are placed into deportation after spending some time in jail. These are
usually called "ICE holds" or "ICE detainers". Other
times deportation is triggered by re-entering the United States, or submitting
a petition to USCIS which is ultimately denied.
If you received a notice to appear before an immigration court, this means
that you are in removal proceedings and you need to immediately begin
building your defense with an Orange County immigration attorney who can
help you protect your ability to stay in the United States. Many reasons
for deportation are described in the U.S. Immigration and Nationality
Act § 237. Ashkan Yekrangi is an immigration attorney serving all
major cities in Orange County and Southern California, including Santa
Ana, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Garden Grove, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Laguna
Hills, Los Angeles, San Diego and more.
These deportable offenses include but are not limited to:
- Certain misdemeanors
- All felonies, whether aggravated or not
- Fleeing an immigration checkpoint
- Smuggling an illegal alien into the United States
- Committing marriage fraud
- Failure to register as a sex offender
- Violation of certain protective orders
- Conviction of a drug crime in any country
- Conviction crimes involving moral turpitude
- Involvement in human trafficking
- Failure to notify the proper authorities regarding a change of address
within 10 days
- Engaging in or inciting terrorist activities of any kind, or appearing
likely to do so
- Participation in certain crimes such as genocide, religious persecution,
recruitment of child soldiers, and Nazi persecution
- Voting in a U.S. election illegally
- Failure to lift the conditions on your conditional permanent residency card
Consult an Irvine immigration lawyer today!
In almost every case - regardless of the severity of the deportable offenses
that a person has been charged with - a person is entitled to defend him
or herself in immigration court. You may be eligible for certain forms
of removal relief, including asylum, cancellation of removal, application
for a waiver, or
deferred action if you arrived illegally as a child and you meet certain requirements.
Our Orange County deportation defense firm is the right choice for your
case. We have the skill and tenacity necessary to protect you and your
future in the United States. Our office represents individuals throughout
the following deportation facilities:
Let us help you stay on the path to citizenship.
Call the Law Office of Ashkan Yekrangi, P.C. today to learn more during a
phone consultation with our attorney. We understand that this is a stressful time.