Malta: Residence / Citizenship Through Investment
For wealthy non-EU investors looking for a pathway to EU citizenship, there is also the option of investing in Malta. This affords Malta citizenship, which can then provide a pathway to EU citizenship, though Malta is not on the E2 Treaty Investor list. Malta is an EU member, and a part of the EU Schengen zone. English is one of the major languages spoken there. There are two programs for residence in Malta, the Malta Residence and Visa program and the Global Residence Program.
The Global Residence Program is for temporary residence. Application generally takes about three (3) months and applicants can apply on behalf of a spouse or partner, any children under 25 years of age, siblings and parents, if they are financially dependent.
Global Residence Program: Requirements
- Verify a minimum €15,000 (USD $17500.88) income tax paid in Malta yearly
- Pay program fee €6,000 (Malta) USD $7000.35 or €5,500 (Gozo) USD $6416.99
- Purchase a property valuing at least €275,000 (USD $320,849.38) -OR- rent a property valuing at least €9,600 USD $11,200.56
- No government contribution
- No minimum government bond/shares investment
The Malta Residence and Visa program is a 3-4 month process. Applicants can petition on behalf of any children with no age limit, as well as parents and grandparents, if they are financially dependent.
Malta Residence and Visa Program: Requirements
- Government contribution to the State Fund of Malta €30,000 USD $35,001.75
- Invest in Maltese government bonds for five or more years €250,000 USD $291,681.25 (after which you can request to be refunded to the full amount) -OR- make a one time non-refundable investment of 100,000EUR USD $116,672.50 with 250,000EUR USD $291,681.25 available as cash deposit
- Purchase a property valuing at least €270,000 (South/Gozo) USD $315,015.75 or €320,000 (Central/North) USD $373,352.00
-OR- rent a property valuing at least €12,000 (Central/North) USD $14,000.70 or €10,000 (South/Gozo) USD $11,667.25. Legal and processing fees an added €40,000 USD $46,669.00
- Have an annual income of at least €100,000 USD $116,672.50 outside of Malta -OR- have at least €500,000 USD $583,362.50 in capital at your disposal
- No minimum tax
- No application fee
To schedule an initial consultation with us today, don't hesitate to contact us at (949) 478-4963.
Former Clients Share Their Experience We've Helped Countless Clients Achieve the Results They Needed
"Mr. Askhan is a very professional attorney."- Eroz K.
Contact Us Today
Let's Get Started on Your Case Together
US Immigration Consequences for Membership in the Communist Party
Can Multiple Companies File an H1B for the Same Applicant?
- H-1B Visa,
How Do I Prove Lawful Entry?
Special Rule Cancellation or VAWA Cancellation
Can an E-3 Dependent Get an Employment Authorization Document ("EAD")?
- Employment Immigration,
What Does it Mean to Be Subject to the “Cap” in H1B?
- H-1B Visa