Orange County Immigration Visa Lawyer
If you are interested in pursuing a visa in the United States, we can help. At Yekrangi & Associates, we understand that the United States immigration system can be extremely confusing. You may be unsure which visa to apply for. We can help you!
There are two different visa categories: immigrant visas and non-immigrant visas. The visa you need depends entirely on your personal goals. Is your intended journey of a temporary or permanent nature? What is the purpose of your trip?
By working with the knowledgeable Orange County immigration attorney at Yekrangi & Associates you can receive the counsel you need to make the right decisions for your future. Contact our firm by calling (949) 478-4963 today!
If you are planning to visit the United States temporarily - whether as a student, athlete, businessperson, tourist, or to visit family - you will need to obtain a temporary non-immigrant visa unless you meet certain qualifications that enable you to enter the country without a visa.
Most citizens of Canada and of countries on the Visa Waiver Program list are eligible to visit the United States without applying for a temporary visa. If you do not fall under this category, you can apply for one of the different temporary visas offered by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Examples of these visas include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A visa for diplomats and officials of foreign governments
- B-1 visa for amateur and professional athletes and businesspeople
- B-2 visa for tourists, vacationers, and those receiving medical care in the United States
- E-1 visa allows a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf
- E-2 visa allows a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business
- EB-5 visa, also known as the immigrant investor program, provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money and create jobs in the United States.
- F visa and M visa for students
- I visa for journalists and members of the foreign media
- H visa for those who enter the United States with the intention to work
- J visa for exchange visitors including au pairs, professors, and scholars
- L visa for intra-company transferred workers
- O visa for those with exemplary skills in certain fields including the arts, sciences, athletics, and business
- P visa for performing artists, athletes, and entertainers
- R visa for religious workers
In most cases, you must have a U.S. sponsor who is either a member of your family or a prospective employer if you wish to obtain an immigrant visa. Your petition to USCIS must also be approved before you can receive an immigrant visa.
The most important immigration categories you should be aware of are:
- Family-based immigration, including marriage to a U.S. citizen and adoption by a U.S. citizen
- Employment-based immigration, including employment visas for certain qualified workers with employment in the United States and investor visas for foreign nationals willing to invest a certain amount of capital into new business ventures in the United States
- Special case immigration, including visas for foreign nationals who worked overseas for the U.S. government and religious workers
- Diversity Visa program, which is a lottery program for applicants from countries with low U.S. immigration rates
- The EB-5 visa, also known as the immigrant investor program, provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money and create jobs in the United States.
We Are Here to Help. Contact Us Today!
At Yekrangi & Associates, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their immigration goals in the United States. We want to help you begin a new future in this country and increase the opportunities for yourself and your family. Let Attorney Ashkan Yekrangi be a part of your immigration journey.
At Yekrangi & Associates, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
I am so graceful and highly recommend Mr. Yekrangi to anyone who needs a legal advice.- Jose L.
Atty. Ashkan is a great, reputable and very professional lawyer. He handled my case and my husband case without any doubt.- Linda R.
Ashkan Yekrangi is the best immigration lawyer who helped me and my family in all critical situations with his great advice.- Zahra H.
First and foremost, I wanted to thank Ashkan and his team. They made the process of going through the immigration process as easy and stressful as possible.- Billy W.
When I had my interview with my whole family, we passed it because of Mr. Ashkan. I am so thankful for Yekrangi Associates.- Mickey M.