Orange County J-1 Waiver Lawyer
Waive the Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement
If you are an exchange visitor with a J-1 visa, you may be required to return to your home country for at least two years when your exchange visitor program is finished. If you are unable to return, you must apply for a J-1 waiver. For guidance with this process, reach out to Yekrangi & Associates today. We are backed by years of experience and can answer any of your questions!
Call Yekrangi & Associates at (949) 478-4963 or complete an online form. Se habla Español. Services also available in Farsi and Mandarin.
The two-year foreign residence requirement applies to the following nonimmigrant visa categories and situations where someone is awaiting permanent residency:
- The U.S. government funded part or all of the exchange visitors program
- The government of a person’s country of last residents funded part or all of the exchange visitors program
- The person possesses skills required by their own country
- The person came to the U.S. to receive graduate medical education / training
- The person is the spouse or child of a J-1 visa holder.
A waiver exempting an applicant from the foreign residence requirement can be provided on the basis of the following:
- The foreign residence requirement would cause exceptional hardship to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or child
- The applicant is facing persecution in a home country due to race, religion, political opinion, nationality, membership
- The applicant’s home government issues a letter of “no objection” to their staying in the U.S. – foreign medical graduates are not eligible for an exemption based on this
To schedule an initial consultation with us today, don't hesitate to contact us at (949) 478-4963.
Former Clients Share Their Experience We've Helped Countless Clients Achieve the Results They Needed
"I strongly recommend working with Ashkan."- Navid K.
Contact Us Today
Let's Get Started on Your Case Together
US Immigration Consequences for Membership in the Communist Party
Can Multiple Companies File an H1B for the Same Applicant?
- H-1B Visa,
How Do I Prove Lawful Entry?
Special Rule Cancellation or VAWA Cancellation
Can an E-3 Dependent Get an Employment Authorization Document ("EAD")?
- Employment Immigration,
What Does it Mean to Be Subject to the “Cap” in H1B?
- H-1B Visa