B1 and B2 Visa in Orange County: Business and Tourism
If you want to enter the U.S. as a visitor, you would typically apply for one of the following:
- A nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay
- An immigrant visa for permanent residence
To be considered for a visitor visa, you need to meet one of the following categories:
- Business (B-1)
- Tourism (B-2)
- A combination of Business and Tourism (B-1/B-2)
Here are some purposes to visit that would qualify you for B-1:
- To consult with business associates
- To negotiate a contract
- To attend a convention or conference related to your business/profession, or one that is educational or scientific in nature
- To settle an estate
Here are some purposes to visit that would qualify you for B-2:
- Vacation (to go on holiday)
- To visit with friends or relatives
- For social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- To participate, unpaid, in events related to music, sports, or other pursuits as an amateur enthusiast
- To receive medical treatment
- To take a short recreational study course that does not contribute toward a degree (ex. a two-day nature survivalist class taken during a vacation)
What is Adjustment of Status?
- Adjustment of Status,
Grounds for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Can I Request USCIS to Reopen My Immigration Application?
Can I Bring My Sibling to the United States?
- Family Based Immigration,
How to Challenge Criminal Conviction for Immigration Purposes
- Criminal & Immigration,
What are the Exceptions to the One-Year Filing Requirements for Asylum?