Did you know it is your federal right to know what the government records reflect regarding your immigration or criminal history? This is true regardless of your immigration status. However, you will not just be handed this information automatically by the government. You will have to request it and know how that process works.
At Yekrangi & Associates in Orange County, we help immigrants of all sorts of immigration statuses seek government information about their immigration. It would be our honor to help you understand and use your rights as described under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Call (949) 478-4963 now to learn more.
"They were very professional and helpful during my journey of becoming an American."- Jose L.
"I am so thankful for Yekrangi Associates."- Mickey M.
"I highly recommend Ashkan and his team!"- Billy W.
"Ashkan Yekrangi is the best immigration lawyer"- Zahra H.
Under several circumstances, we may suggest that you learn what the government has recorded about you in their records. You can do this by submitting what is called a FOIA request. Since this process is a bit more complicated than sending a letter, we take care of it, creating and filing the request on your behalf so it is done right the first time. Any delays in your immigration case due to a misfiled or mishandled request should be avoided.
When we do receive a copy of the government’s immigration records about you, it lets our attorneys to best prepare for your immigration case. We can identify and attack discrepancies from the record that stray from the truth, as well as learn new facts that could astronomically assist in navigating your immigration case towards a positive outcome.
Examples how a FOIA request can help an immigrant:
- Some individuals learn that they are citizens upon reviewing their FOIA, possibly voiding the necessity of any other immigration action they had begun or had planned to soon begin.
- Some people may discover through an FOIA request that they have a removal order pending against them, allowing our attorneys to spring into action to defend them from deportation.
It is essential that you know everything possible in order to best prepare for your immigration representation. A great starting point is with an FOIA request, and a great law firm to handle it is Yekrangi & Associates in Orange County.
We can help you request a FOIA from several agencies, including but not limited to:
- USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
- ICE (Immigration Customs Enforcement)
- CBP (Customs and Border Protection)
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation)