Call for a Consultation
Carefully Developed Strategies for Businesses & Employers The Experience & Knowledge For Your Best Interests

Orange County Green Card Attorney

Obtain Lawful Permanent Residence with a Trusted Immigration Firm

In the United States of America, a card granting the holder lawful permanent residence is often referred to as a "green card" (technically known as the I-551) because it gives that individual the "green light" to stay in the country and to pursue naturalization and citizenship if they desire, as well as because the first versions of these cards were mostly green in color. At Yekrangi & Associates, our immigration attorneys want to be a part of this momentous step on your journey to fulfilling your American dream. Your immigration story is important to us. If you have a complex matter involving green cards, do not hesitate to reach out to a green card lawyer in Irvine!

Contact Yekrangi & Associates online or call (949) 478-4963 to schedule a consultation. Our green card lawyers serve Orange County and are ready to help! Se habla Español. Services also available in Farsi and Mandarin.

Who Can Apply for a Green Card?

Not everyone is eligible for a green card. You may qualify to pursue permanent residency if you fall under one of several specific categories. For example, if you have an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and he or she will sponsor you, then you are eligible for a green card.

With certain limitations and restrictions, "immediate family members" include:

  • Husbands and wives
  • Fiancés and fiancées
  • Children, including adopted children
  • Mothers and fathers
  • Stepmothers and stepfathers

Relatives who are not "immediate" may still sponsor you in many situations, but these cases will not receive the same level of priority treatment as applications for immediate family members. If you have a family member who is applying, reach out to our experienced Irvine green card attorneys for guidance today.

Related Blogs

Other Ways to Obtain a Green Card

You can also pursue a green card through employment-based immigration. Every year, the United States government allows 140,000 green cards to be issued to foreign nationals who desire to work in this country. Usually, you must have the sponsorship of an employer or prospective employer in the United States in order to successfully apply for a green card on an employment basis.

Other opportunities for obtaining a green card include but are not limited to:

  • Winning the ethnic diversity visa lottery
  • Qualifying for refuge/asylum based on persecution in your native country
  • Demonstrating long-time residency in the United States
  • Receiving amnesty because of certain criteria

If you are seeking permanent residency in the U.S. our green card lawyer in Irvine can help. Contact us today to understand what your options are.

How Can I Get a Green Card for Employment?

An employment-based green card allows immigrants to legally live and work in the United States for an extended period of time. The application process is complex and each employment circumstance is different. Having a skilled Orange County green card attorney to assist you with your employment-based green card application is critical to ensuring that the case progresses smoothly.

Depending on the priority date of your I-140 Petition, the following documentation must be submitted with the application to begin the process:

  • (USCIS) form I-485.
  • Government-issued photo identification
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Required employment records
  • Vaccination records
  • Documentation for spouse and children who may also be seeking residency

Once the application is submitted, USCIS officials will review the documentation and schedule an interview. During the interview, the applicant will be asked specific questions regarding their application and the reasons they wish to live and work in the United States. Applicants are permitted to have an attorney present during the interview.

Seeking a green card through an employer? Dial (949) 478-4963 to speak with an Irvine green card attorney.

Related Blogs

Call (949) 478-4963 to speak with a green card attorney Irvine at Yekrangi & Associates today. 
We offer services in Spanish, Farsi, and Mandarin.

When Are Green Cards Issued?

Green cards are issued after an adjustment of status if inside the United States or through a US Embassy if you reside outside of the United States. The most common way individuals receive green cards or permanent residency is through marriage, or other family members, followed by an employment-based petition, the granting of asylum, or an EB-5 investor "visa".

Marriage-based green cards are generally no different than employment-based green cards, although marriage-based green cards are conditional for two years. At two years, the beneficiary of the conditional green card must file to lift the conditions of their green card.

Call Yekrangi & Associates for a Consultation!

Our Irvine green card attorneys can help you achieve your immigration goals. Unlike other firms, we ensure that our clients receive one-on-one services directly from Attorney Ashkan Yekrangi. With a commitment to the best interests of our clients and to immediate, accessible communication, Yekrangi & Associates is the firm you want on your side if you are pursuing a lawful permanent residency in Orange County, California. We provide one-on-one legal counsel that few firms can offer.

Other Green Card Blogs

To schedule a consultation with an Irvine green card attorney, call (949) 478-4963.

Former Clients Share Their Experience We've Helped Countless Clients Achieve the Results They Needed

"Hard working, honest, reliable."

- Elizabeth

Contact Us Today

Let's Get Started on Your Case Together
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Transgender Awareness Week: The Unique Challenges Faced by Transgender Immigrants
    • LGBT
    Read Blog
    Person holding transgender flag
  • Which Visa Is Best for Artists, Athletes & Entertainers?
    • Employment Immigration
    Read Blog
    Ballerina on stage
  • Immigration and Marriage Between Cousins
    • Immigration
    Read Blog
    Concept for UK Fiance visa or Spouse Visa
  • My I-485 Application is Delayed, What Can I Do?
    • I-485 Application,  
    • Immigration
    Read Blog
    immigration application with pen on top. delayed update
  • Violence Against Women Act Bigamy Exception
    • Green Card,  
    • VAWA
    Read Blog
    Crop close up focus of African American woman show palm hand against violence toward women
  • Eligibility for Asylum Under the UN Convention Against Torture
    • Asylum
    Read Blog
    A senior woman volunteer helping Ukrainian woman to fill in forms at asylum centre.