Marriage-Based Visas When You’re Ready to Talk, We’re Here to Listen.

Marriage-Based Visas

U.S. Immigration Attorneys Helping International Couples

There are millions of fish in the sea, but sometimes your special fish is swimming in a different ocean. International relationships inevitably lead to the question of where to establish a life together. American citizens and permanent residents hoping to build a future in the United States with a foreign spouse should contact Yekrangi & Associates’ immigration lawyers for help applying for a marriage-based visa.

Our U.S. immigration attorneys are dedicated to providing international couples with an opportunity to build a life together in the United States by obtaining a marriage visa. Call us today for help with your case: (949) 478-4963.


    "They were very professional and helpful during my journey of becoming an American."

    - Jose L.

    "I am so thankful for Yekrangi Associates."

    - Mickey M.

    "I highly recommend Ashkan and his team!"

    - Billy W.

    "Ashkan Yekrangi is the best immigration lawyer"

    - Zahra H.

Marriage-Based Visas for Spouses of U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

The United States is accommodating to Americans who wish to bring their foreign spouse into the country. The process differs slightly for citizens and legal permanent residents, but, with the help of our U.S. immigration attorneys, they can both be navigated with ease.

Spouses of American citizens fall under the category of an immediate relative and can therefore apply for lawful permanent residence and obtain a green card. To do so, they will have to:

  • File Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for the visa
  • File form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status at the same time

American green card holders are also given the chance to petition for select family members to enter the United States. Legal permanent residents may petition for their spouse, as well as their unmarried children.

The process is nearly identical to the procedure citizens must follow. Here too, green card holders begin by filing Form I-130. They will then provide supplemental information proving their own permanent residency status, the relationship, and any name changes of either the permanent residence or their spouse. Then, rather than immediately filing Form I-485, the couple must wait for a visa number to become available to complete and submit the document.

Marriage-Based Visas for Fiancé(e)s of Citizens

If you and your significant other haven’t married yet, you have options available to you to do so in the United States. Foreign nationals hoping to marry an American citizen in the country will need to obtain a Fiancé K-1 visa. Alternatively, if the couple marries in the foreign national’s country and are now seeking to relocate, they may enter the country on the Spousal K-3 visa.

If you are traveling with your children or stepchildren of another nationality, our lawyers can help you apply for the K-2 or K-4 visa as well. Whatever your family structure, our team will be dedicated to helping your family work to enjoy a life together in the United States.

Don’t put off your life together any longer. Contact Yekrangi & Associates’ U.S. immigration lawyers for help today.

Schedule a Consultation Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.