Yekrangi & Associates is Open! We are now conducting in person, telephone, and video consultations. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

Featured Article
What is a Dual Intent Work Visa?
What is a Dual Intent Work Visa?

Under U.S. immigration rules and regulations, there are certain types of dual intent work visas that can be obtained. These include the following: H-1B visa -- for highly skilled and/or professional worker planning employment with a sponsoring employer L-1A visa -- for ...

Read More

Blog posts in September, 2021

  • Green Card Applicants: What is the Visa Bulletin and How do I Read it?

    The Visa Bulletin is a monthly online publication published by the U.S. State Department. See here . The Visa Bulletin provides a monthly update on ...

    View More
  • What is the "Cap Gap" for an F-1 Visa Holder Applying for an H-1B Visa?

    As explained more fully below, the "cap gap" refers to the situation in which a non-citizen student is lawfully in the US on an F-1 student visa and ...

    View More
  • What is the Grace Period for an H-1B Visa if I Quit, Get Laid Off, or am Terminated?

    Workers lawfully in the US on an H-1B visa are required to be employed . Of course, there are many reasons that an H-1B visa worker might lose their ...

    View More
  • Do I Need a Bridge Visa?

    A "Bridge Visa" is a type of visa that allows a noncitizen to remain "in country" while the non-citizen seeks to change from one type of visa to ...

    View More
  • Can I Take a Leave of Absence While on an H-1B Visa?

    Yes, a noncitizen lawfully working in the U.S. on an H-1B visa CAN go on an unpaid leave of absence from work. However, certain steps should be taken ...

    View More
  • What is the Difference Between Deportable vs. Inadmissible in Immigration Law?

    Within United States immigration law, two distinct concepts are often referred to. Inadmissibility and deportability both play a role in whether ...

    View More
  • Can U.S. Citizens Sponsor Half-Siblings for a Green Card?

    U.S. citizens can petition or sponsor relatives to obtain a green card in the United States. However, there are some restrictions as to which ...

    View More
  • ICE Wants to Deport Me: Is It Too Late to Marry a U.S. Citizen?

    Non-citizens constantly fear being detained by ICE and being deported. If you currently face deportation, but you’ve been in a romantic relationship ...

    View More

Contact Us

Let's Get Started on Your Case Together.
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.