Yekrangi & Associates is Open! We are now conducting in person, telephone, and video consultations. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

Featured Article
What are My Options When My I-485 Application is Denied?
What are My Options When My I-485 Application is Denied?

When your I-485 application is denied by USCIS it is devastating, but not the end of the story. There are options available to applicants, including a motion to reconsider or reopen, appealing the decision, and re-filing. Depending on each person’s situation and the reasons ...

Read More

Blog posts in Visas

  • My EAD is Delayed, and I am About to Lose My Job: What Should I Do?

    There are a couple of good options when the immigration services are delayed in processing EAD applications: request expedited processing and/or file ...

    View More
  • Will One Crime Prevent My Naturalization? The Petty Offense Exception

    To be eligible for naturalization, an applicant must establish that he or she is of "good moral character" ("GMC"). There are many things that the ...

    View More
  • Can You Apply for Asylum if You Have Engaged in Marriage Fraud?

    Asylum is available for those seeking to stay in the United States on the grounds that they have suffered -- or will suffer -- persecution if they are ...

    View More
  • How to Renew an H-1B1 Visa (Chile/Singapore)

    The H-1B1 visa is similar to the more well-known H-1B visa. However, the H-1B1 is reserved for specialty occupation professionals from Chile and ...

    View More
  • Which is Better, a Spousal or Fiancé/Fiancée Visa?

    If you and your foreign spouse are not yet married, there are some options with respect to obtaining a visa for your foreign spouse. The first option ...

    View More
  • Automatic Visa Revalidation for Expired Nonimmigrant Visas

    Normally, re-entry to the United States is prohibited for travelers holding an expired visa. However, in limited circumstances, re-entry after travel ...

    View More
  • Which Crimes Qualify for a U Visa?

    In 2020, the US Congress added U visas as a category of nonimmigrant status visas. About 10,000 U visas are set aside each year. The purpose of ...

    View More
  • What is a Dual Intent Work Visa?

    Under U.S. immigration rules and regulations, there are certain types of dual intent work visas that can be obtained. These include the following: ...

    View More
  • What is the "Cap Gap" for an F-1 Visa Holder Applying for an H-1B Visa?

    As explained more fully below, the "cap gap" refers to the situation in which a non-citizen student is lawfully in the US on an F-1 student visa and ...

    View More

Contact Us

Let's Get Started on Your Case Together.
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.