Skip to Content

Which Visa Is Best for Artists, Athletes & Entertainers?

Ballerina on stage

If you are an artist, athlete, or entertainer looking to migrate to the United States, you may be wondering which visa is best for you. Obtaining a visa can seem daunting, but don't worry! Our California immigration team provides you with a list of available visas. Stay tuned for more information on how to make your dream of living in the United States a reality!

For Athletes

The P-1A visa is the best option for individual or team athletes and includes coaches and essential support staff such as trainers and scouts. To qualify for a P-1A visa, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) states that you must be:

  • An individual athlete at an internationally recognized level of performance;
  • Part of a team at an internationally recognized level of performance;
  • A professional athlete; or
  • An athlete or coach as part of a team or franchise located in the United States and a member of a foreign league or association.

For Artists and Entertainers

When it comes to artists and entertainers, there are few visas available.

EB-1 Visa

The EB-1 visa is for individuals who possess extraordinary abilities in their respective fields, including the arts. This visa does not require a job offer or labor certification and can lead to permanent residency.

O-1 Visa

Similarly to the EB-1 Visa, one must show extraordinary abilities in their field to be eligible for the O-1. This includes artists, athletes, entertainers, and those working in the motion picture or television industry. To qualify for this visa, you must show that you have a level of expertise and recognition that is significantly above others in your field.

P-1B Visa

This visa is for artists or entertainers participating in a reciprocal exchange program between the United States and their home country. This visa applies to those coming to the United States temporarily to perform as a member of an entertainment group that has been established for a minimum of one year and recognized internationally as outstanding in the discipline for a sustained and substantial period of time.

Ready to Pursue Your Career in The United States?

If you are an athlete, artist, or entertainer looking to pursue your career in the United States, these visas can help make that dream a reality. Our seasoned immigration attorneys will guide you through the visa application process and ensure that all documents and requirements are properly submitted.

To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today through our website or give us a call at (949) 478-4963 to schedule a consultation!


Contact Us for Your Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy